As many of you know, one of the most important halachot of Purim is matanot l’evyonim, or giving gifts to the poor. Shtibl will be reprising its annual trip to the beach with sandwiches, first aid and toiletries on Purim day (Sunday, Feb. 24th). By Wednesday please let Andrea Hodos ([email protected]) know which of the following ways you would like to participate.
- Would you make a donation in any amount to help provide food, first aid and toiletries? You can pay via the PayPal button at the end of this post or contact Andrea with the amount you would like to contribute and then send your check to Shtibl Minyan c/o Caryn Espo, 12400 Wilshire Blvd. #1300, Los Angeles, CA 90025. Making a donation is a great way to fulfill the obligation, because we will be handing the food and items to people on Purim day, itself. Suggested donations are $18/$36/$72 – the more funds we have, the more extensive the packs can be.
- Would you like to help with shopping?
- Would you like to help us assemble the packs? Time and place TBD – but assembly will be either Wed. 2/20 or Thursday 2/21 in the evening – if you want to help, please let us know your availability
- Will you help coordinate sandwich making in the back room on Purim night?
- Would you join us Purim day in the late morning (11:00 – to put sandwiches in the bags) or at the Pier (12:00) to hand out food and toiletries? Since Purim is Sunday, it’s a great year for those of you who don’t usually have the day off to join us! You will be happy you did! We had so many packs last year that we couldn’t hand them out all in the same location, we are going to send two teams this year — so it would be great to have you on board!
We look forward to hearing from you, soon!
February 26 update: We removed the PayPal button now that Matanot L’evyonim has passed. Thank you, everyone, for your contributions!
Image credit: puroticorico